Tired of drilling studs and roping houses? The solar industry offers challenging and rewarding careers and we are seeking to add Residential and Commercial Electricians to our growing team. If the following qualities embody your ideal workplace, let’s talk!
- Integrity in interactions with and commitments to customers and coworkers
- Meticulous quality of work
- A supportive, learning-oriented environment
- Giving back to the community
- Fast-paced growing industry
- Customer-focused mindset
- Ability to use your skills to make a difference
- Friendly, fun work environment
- Full benefits and flexible paid time off
The electrician will be responsible for the photovoltaic electrical system installation from beginning to end. In this position, the electrician will install all necessary parts and equipment using the industry’s best practices and complete knowledge of the NEC codes and standards. They will ensure successful operation of the complete photovoltaic system, while proficiently communicating and updating project status with management. This is an outdoor position that may require work on elevated roofs, in harness, in inclement weather, throughout the year.
Job sites are in Whatcom, Skagit, King, Snohomish, and Island Counties. Home office in Bellingham.
- Lead PV installation team
- Provide technical expertise
- Complete pre-installation jobsite review
- Create job parts list
- Communicate job status to management
- Ensure successful operation of finished systems
- Lead efforts for safe working practices for entire team
- Journeyman Residential or Commercial Electrical License
- Knowledge of NEC and City building codes
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident leader who has the ability to work independently
- Disciplined, self-motivated working style
- Team player who actively listens, learns, teaches, and communicates effectively
- Experienced with general construction, power tools, and working on the roof
- Desire to be on the cutting edge of the solar industry
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs
- Valid WA Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Must provide references
- NABCEP certification (desired)
- OSHA 10 certified (desired)
About Western Solar:
Western Solar is a locally owned and operated independent solar contractor in Bellingham, Washington and one of the top installers in the Pacific Northwest. We are a tight-knit team who strives to install quality solar PV systems at the highest level of workmanship. We believe in supporting each other and our community and aim to represent that in every facet of our company. We value integrity above all else. Our low pressure informative approach to sales enhances the customer experience, delivers high quality design, and builds strong referral follow through.
Pay dependent on experience and education. Medical, paid time off, and 401k benefits are offered to all full-time employees and completing continuing education courses is encouraged and supported. Guaranteed competitive base salary with escalating commission structure.
To apply, send resume with cover letter by email only to email@example.com. Only candidates whose qualifications meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.