With hundreds of residential, commercial and institutional projects installed, Western Solar is a leading provider of renewable energy systems in the Northwest including solar electric systems and electric vehicle charging stations.
We strive to design and install the most cost-effective energy-saving solutions for our clients. In so doing, we hope to contribute to decreasing our country’s dependence on fossil fuels and its contribution to global greenhouse gas emissions.
Western Solar was founded in 2002 and our team leads have over fifteen years of experience installing several megawatts of solar electric systems throughout the United States. Our experience gives us confidence in our services, allowing us to provide one of the longest workmanship warranties in the industry, 10 years!
Why Choose Us?
We firmly believe that we should be judged by how we treat our employees and customers. With that ethos at the core we focus on integrity and craftsmanship as our guiding principles in our decision making process. From equipment selection, system design, installation best practices, and long term support, we strongly believe that quality matters.
Our electricians are NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners) Certified and as industry leaders are called upon by the electrical union to teach solar best practices.
Our Service Area
Western Solar installs solar PV systems throughout the I-5 corridor, including Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King, and Island Counties. We have also done projects in Thurston and San Juan Counties as well. If you’re curious if we install in your area, just give us a call at (360) 746-0859. Check out our solar installation map to see if we’ve recently completed a project in your neighborhood.
What Our Solar Customers Have to Say
- When researching solar system for the house we interviewed five solar energy companies. We did an immense amount of research, and while all the companies gave us bids that were similar, Western was the only company that took the time to go on the roof with a small machine that mapped out the best position for the panels, whether they would be shaded anytime during the day and how much power they should produce to give us the best prediction of what to expect. This gave us comfort to know that we were only putting panels on our roof that would generate the maximum amount of electricity and so far they are right on target.Dennis H.7.2 kW solar PV system, Stanwood
- Your entire team made this project a dream come true for us. The planet and the Palmers thank you!Bill and Kaye P.2.88 kW solar PV system, Bellingham
- The on-site technicians/workers were knowledgeable and great to work with. We would hire this contractor again, especially the electrician Eric!Lee J.9.84 kW solar PV system, Preston
- Western Solar staff was a pleasure to deal with in all aspects of this project. I think they have a good product along with excellent personnel and customer support.Dennis P.4.32 kW solar PV system, Mt. Vernon
- I was referred by my neighbor. Josh and Eric were always available. The work was very fast and professional.Robin L.4.32 kW solar PV system, Bellingham
- My experience with Western Solar from initial contact, to site analysis to determine size and placement, payback projection and final installation was transparent, understandable and enjoyable.Lyle A.5.67 kW solar PV system, Blaine